Emily Gifford Lucey
Legal Writing Instructor
|School of Law|
235 MaGrath Darby Blvd, Ste 100
Emily Gifford Lucey is a shareholder of Richardson Plowden in the Charleston office and is a member of the firm’s Construction Law Practice Group. Her statewide litigation practice focuses on construction law, including surety law and commercial litigation. Mrs. Lucey defends design professionals and contractors in complex construction defect cases. She has represented national, regional and local companies in construction defect matters.
Mrs. Lucey’s experience includes:
- Defending design professionals in complex construction defect cases with millions of dollars in claimed damages.
- Assisting sureties with investigations, defaults and indemnification actions.
- Defending contractors and subcontractors in disputes related to multi-family construction.
- Assisting construction clients with contract review, dispute resolution, and corporate issues.
- University of South Carolina Honors College (B.A., English, 2001)
- University of South Carolina School of Public Health (M.A., Health Administration, 2005)
- University of South Carolina School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- 2005, South Carolina
- 2006, U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- Certified Circuit Court Mediator by the South Carolina Supreme Court
- Certified Circuit Court Arbitrator by the South Carolina Supreme Court