We’ll be contacting you periodically throughout the spring and summer to provide you with information for a smooth transition to the School of Law. Please be sure that we have up-to-date contact information on file for you. If your undergraduate email address is expiring soon, please update the Admissions Office with your new address. We do not want you to miss anything!
Online Seat Deposit Payment Instructions
Please follow these steps to submit your seat deposit payment online by April 15:
- Once you receive your VIP ID and USC ID via email, make sure to create a password
for your account. If you have already created a password, please proceed to Step 2.
- Go to https://myaccount.sc.edu/iam/ to set up a password.
- Click on “I am a new user who has never used my VIP ID and need to establish my password”.
- Follow instructions for creating password.
- If not prompted after setting up your password, click here for instructions on setting up Multifactor Authentication prior to proceeding to step 2.
- When you have your VIP ID and have created a password, please do the following:
- Go to my.sc.edu. Wait to log in to SSC until prompted at Step 4.
- Under Newly Admitted Students, click on Pay enrollment deposit/fee.
- Click on University of South Carolina School of Law seat fee.
- Enter your VIP ID and password when prompted.
- Follow instructions for entering your payment information.
Confirm Intent to Enroll by June 1
Admitted candidates who have placed a seat deposit must also confirm their intent to enroll as the final stage of the enrollment commitment. We do not require a second seat deposit payment. Confirmation of your intent to enroll is required before you will be assigned to your class section, for any scholarship that is aligned with your Self Service Carolina account, and for your class schedule to be created. You will receive an email message in late May that directs you to the confirmation survey.