Revised: 16 August 2019
The Fall 2019 hiring term will be August 11, 2019 thru December 31, 2019
Before hiring any students, you must make sure they do in fact have a financial aid award. To verify what the award amount is, please ask the student to send you a screen shot from Banner that lists the award amount for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Please contact Ronée Woodley by email with the following:
- Work Study student’s name
- Supervisor’s name
- Did they work for you Summer 2019?
- Year (Soph., Jr., etc.)
- Number of hours/week
- Pay rate
- Start & end dates (if different from above)
If you are hiring a NEW Work Study for 2019-2020 Academic Year:
- Once Ronée has received an email from the supervisor, the student will receive an
i-9Advantage asking them to complete Section 1.
- Once the student has completed Section 1, the student will need to see Ronée Woodley before they begin work. She will be available any time M-F between 9 - 10am & 1 – 2pm, or they can email her to make an appointment.
- The student will need to bring the official forms of identification needed to verify their eligibility to work in the US. (The US Citizenship & Immigration Services website lists acceptable documents.)
- Original & current documents only, NO COPIES will be accepted!
- The student will be asked to sign the Acknowledge of Receipt of Affordable Care Act (ACA) – Health Insurance Marketplace Notice when they present their documents.
For Work Study students hired after 4/16/19 (Summer 2019):
All Work Study students will have to sign an ACA form each semester. They will not have to present documents if they were hired for the Summer 2019 semester but will need to see Ronée to sign this form.
With the new HR system (PeopleSoft HCM) a Work Study student cannot begin work until they have been completely approved in the system. If a student is sent to Ronée, but she has not received an email indicating for who & where they will be working, she will not be able to put them into the system until she receives the information stated above. They will not be paid & cannot work until they are completely approved in the system. Once the student has been approved in the system, you will receive an email letting you know.