Despite an unusual spring semester, the faculty and staff at the School of Medicine
Columbia came together and found creative ways to recoginze the Class of 2020. A total
of 178 students graduates across the school's six programs.
Virtual festivities took place May 7-9 to celebrate the graduating students:
- A prerecorded Graduate Program Awards Ceremony was distributed via email on May 7.
- A virtual Class of 2020 Virtual Awards Ceremony for the Doctor of Medicine students was held via WebEx on May 7.
- Virtual Commencement Exercises (password: Columbia2020) were held via WebEx on May 8. The ceremony recognized 178 graduating students, and ceremony also was streamed on the UofSC School of Medicine Columbia Facebook page.
- A virtual military promotion ceremony (password: Military2020) also took place via WebEx on May 8. The Military Promotion
Ceremony also was posted to the School of Medicine Columbia's Facebook page.
- A Drive-Thru Diploma Pick Up Celebration was held on the School of Medicine campus on May 9 to allow graduates the opportunity to pick-up their graduation materials, take a "social distancing graduation photo" with a cardboard cutout of Dean Hall, and get a celebratory send off from staff, faculty and current students. See photos from the event on the School of Medicine SmugMug page.