The University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville’s early decision program operates through the AAMC’s Early Decision Program. Under that program, you may apply to one participating EDP school.
The early decision program admissions timeline is accelerated.
- May. The AMCAS application opens in early May. You may start submitting materials at the end of May.
- Aug. 1. Early decision programs applications are due in AMCAS.
- Aug. 15. All application materials, including MCAT scores and letters of recommendation, are due in AMCAS. Your supplemental application is due through WebAdMIT.
- September. Interview days are held, and admissions decisions are made. Accepted students are committed to attending the UofSC School of Medicine Greenville. If you are not accepted through the EDP, your application to the UofSC School of Medicine Greenville will be considered for regular decision.
- Oct. 1. Offers of acceptance must be made by Oct. 1. Applicants who are not accepted through the EDP may apply to other medical schools starting Oct. 1.
The EDP is most beneficial for applicants who are fully committed to attending the UofSC School of Medicine Greenville and have a competitive application. The admissions committee reviews program applications in a holistic manner, taking into account letters of recommendation, clinical experiences, extracurricular experiences and personal statements/essays.
There are no minimum requirements to apply through the EDP, but applying with a lower MCAT and GPA could put you at a disadvantage. Applicants who are not accepted through the early decision program may not apply to other medical schools until October.