The next SC Double Reed Day is November 11, 2017
Activities and classes for beginning, intermediate and advanced reed players ensure a day full of great learning, listening and playing experiences.
School of Music faculty members host the event, which culminates with a double reed ensemble performance by all participants.
The day's activities include:
- A recital by professor Nagel and professor Harley
- Master classes for oboists and bassoonists of all levels
- Session on Alexander technique for double reed players with guest presenter Petrea Warneck
- Double reed ensemble concert of all participants
- Woodwind repair specialist Rob Bulgozdy of Pecknel Music will be available for free instrument adjustments, minor repairs and major repair consultation. A limited number of appointments are available.
- Vendors include Musical Innovations and Midwest Musical Instruments
$40 registration covers all activities and lunch. Parents may attend for free.
The School of Music building is located at 813 Assembly Street, Columbia, S.C. 29208. Directions to USC and parking information.