SC Double Reed Day is Saturday, Nov. 20, 2021
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
8:30 a.m. Check-In, School of Music Lobby
UofSC School of Music Building (813 Assembly St., Columbia, SC)
Full schedule coming soon
All events will be socially distanced and masked when possible. Face coverings are required inside buildings on the UofSC campus.
Activities and classes for beginning, intermediate and advanced reed players ensure a day full of great learning, listening and playing experiences.
School of Music faculty members host the event, which culminates with a double reed ensemble performance by all participants.
The day's activities include:
- A recital by professor Anderson and professor Harley
- Masterclasses for oboists and bassoonists of all levels, focused on all-state etudes and solo repertoire
- “Mindfulness for Young Musicians” - presentation by UofSC flute professor Jennifer Parker-Harley
- Jennifer Mitchell, Assistant Director of Admissions for the UofSC School of Music, in a presentation and Q&A especially for high school students considering majoring in music
- Fundamentals sessions for younger students
- Basic oboe and bassoon repair
- Double reed ensemble concert of all participants
- Vendors with accessories, music, and instruments for sale
$40 registration covers all activities and lunch. Walk-up registration is $45. Parents
may attend for free.
Registration check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. and events start at 9:30 a.m.
The School of Music building is located at 813 Assembly Street, Columbia, S.C. 29208. Directions to UofSC and parking information.
For more information: