SC Double Reed Day is November 11, 2017
Activities and classes for beginning, intermediate and advanced reed players ensure a day full of great learning, listening and playing experiences.
School of Music faculty members host the event, which culminates with a double reed ensemble performance by all participants.
The day's activities include:
- A recital by professor Nagel and professor Harley
- Master classes for oboists and bassoonists of all levels
- Session on Alexander technique for double reed players with guest presenter Petrea Warneck
- Double reed ensemble concert of all participants
- Allen Mannes from MMI will be available for free instrument adjustments, minor repairs and major repair consultation.
- Vendors include Musical Innovations and Midwest Musical Instruments.
$40 registration covers all activities and lunch. Walk-up registration is $45. Parents may attend for free.
The School of Music building is located at 813 Assembly Street, Columbia, S.C. 29208. Directions to USC and parking information.