SAVVY accepts a diverse mosaic of 75 performing/visual artists and arts administrators.
Why should you get SAVVY?
Some people attend SAVVY with hopes of turbocharging their career. Others come to develop strategies for making their home organization more effective. Others want to experience our unique kind of teaching innovation. All share the desire to positively impact a complex and quickly changing world.
What makes a strong SAVVY candidate?
Good SAVVY candidates meet this criteria:
- Involved with the arts - Performing and visual art makers, arts administrators and arts educators (all genres).
- Superpower - Dynamic, driven, positive, committed, collaborative individuals. We build a remarkable community devoted to expanding the impact of the arts.
- Desire for growth - Open-minded candidates eager to develop new skills and perspectives. If there are gaps in your background you will learn!
Who will be there?
An essential SAVVY ingredient is our commitment to assembling a diverse group of participants. Our SAVVY alumni enthusiastically say that this experience changed their vision for 21st-century success, and resulted in a rich network of support and friendship.
SAVVY roster of participants balances creative artists and arts administrators as both groups are critical to reimagining the future of the arts. The varied makeup of our roster becomes a powerful asset, unleashing creative energy unachievable with homogenous groups.
To that end, we carefully select our participant roster, balancing a variety of:
- Artistic disciplines - Producers and teachers of music, dance, theatre, puppetry, circus, visual arts, media arts, creative writing.
- Institution types - Various professionals representing orchestras, performing arts troupes, museums, universities, for-profit arts ventures, educational programs, freelance careers, etc.
- Experience levels - SAVVY is a melting pot, celebrating diversity on every level, from emerging artists to established professionals, students and organizational leaders. Each group brings distinctive and valuable perspectives.
- Ages - Past participants have ranged from age 18–70.
- Geographies - SAVVY alumni from the first five seasons represent almost every U.S. state and five continents.