Leading the Way
The Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) Honor Society of Nursing supports the learning and professional development of our members who strive to improve nursing care worldwide (www.nursingsociety.org). As a response to this mission, the Leadership Succession Committee is inviting active members to apply to the Leadership Intern Program.
The Program is an opportunity to grow professionally and personally, to develop and expand leadership skills and learn more about STTI and the Alpha Xi Chapter. A leadership intern serves in that position for one year, is mentored by a member of the Board, has the opportunity to develop networking opportunities and participate in honor society activities at the international or regional and chapter levels.
Selection criteria include:
- Evidence of developing leadership, service, scholarship in nursing
- Availability for a one year term: July through June
- Current member of Alpha Xi Chapter
The selected intern will be expected to:
- Attend Board meetings and Chapter Induction Ceremonies
- Participate in special event planning and implementation
- Be available for future chapter leadership positions
- Attend (with chapter sponsorship) chapter, regional or international events
How to Apply
To apply, fill out the below form. Once submitted, email your current curriculum vitae and letters of recommendation from two Alpha Xi Chapter members to Jeanne Cavanaugh.
The deadline for application is January 31, 2017.