Nationally recognized for quality and excellence, the University of South Carolina College of Nursing is a prominent leader in the nursing profession. We’re shaping tomorrow’s leaders, and you could be one of them.
With admission to the Smart Start Program, you will have automatic admission into the College's Upper Division with dedicated nursing honors classes as early as your freshman year.
Here, you will learn about health care delivery and policy from engaging, expert faculty. You will impact patients and their families with your clinical work, your research and your tenacious desire to make life better for others. And you will make us proud as you make a difference in the state and beyond.
Your studies will be enhanced by our innovative teaching strategies, including our
state-of-the-art simulation laboratory and flipped classrooms. You will enjoy study
abroad options at all levels in the program, and benefit tremendously from our rapidly
increasing global impact. You can network with more than 10,500 nursing alumni who
work across the nation and around the world. You will join a college with exceptional
master’s and doctoral programs focused on nursing practice, administration, and research.
It’s an exciting time to join the nursing profession. And it’s the perfect time for bright students like you to join Smart Start at UofSC’s College of Nursing and enjoy all the benefits:
- Automatic admission into the College of Nursing’s Upper Division. Less stress. More freedom.
- Dedicated nursing honors classes as early as your freshman year! Don’t wait. Dig in right away and explore your interests early.
- Program of study tailored to fit your interests and to help you discover
new ones! Nurse practitioner, educator, researcher, leader... your choices are endless.
- One-on-one academic mentoring from College of Nursing honors faculty. Receive lots of personal attention and guidance during all four years of study.
- Opportunity to join Galen Health Fellows, a groundbreaking new interprofessional program for health care majors at the university. Learn and live alongside fellow nursing majors, as well as public health, pharmacy and pre-med majors, among others.
- Learn from among the best in the field. Your professors in this program are national and global experts in their fields - and they love to teach!
You must apply to the University of South Carolina Honors College in order to be considered for the Smart Start program. All accepted Honors College students who declare nursing as a major choice will be invited to join Smart Start.
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA OFFICE OF UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS
902 Sumter Street Access
Columbia, SC 29208
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA COLLEGE OF NURSING
1601 Greene Street/ Columbia, SC 29208