This unique program provides the opportunity to gain education and experience as a direct-care provider of nursing in a variety of settings. Graduates will be eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX).
- Full-time plan of study, on-campus
- 76 total credits over 5 consecutive semesters
- In-person clinicals required in SC Midlands area
- Bachelor's Degree from a nationally accredited program
- Pre-requisite courses*: Anatomy & Physiology, Human Growth and Development, Chemistry, Microbiology
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from previous undergraduate course work
- Three (3) letters of reference
- A personal goal statement that reflects MSN program outcomes
- Current curriculum vitae or resume
- GRE not required
*All classes must be completed within the last 5 years with a C or above. Please check with academic advisor regarding specific courses/timeframe.
The anticipated start date for the Nursing Entry to Practice program's first cohort is Spring 2021. Applications will open after the final South Carolina Board of Nursing approval in late Spring 2020.
MSN program costs depend on several factors. Estimate your costs by visiting the university’s Bursar’s Office website.
Financial aid is available. To determine your eligibility, complete the FAFSA form on the university’s Financial Aid website. The College of Nursing also offers general scholarships and scholarships for graduate study. In addition, other scholarship and financial aid opportunities are available through The Graduate School and the university’s Financial Aid and Scholarships office.
*The MEPN program has been approved by South Carolina Commission on Higher Education (CHE) and is pending South Carolina Board of Nursing approval. Please contact the Office of Academic Affairs for additional information.