Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Scholarship Fund
Awarded to students in the ACNP program with preference given to those with a 3.5 GPA on at least 12 hours or an entering student with an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
- PhD students have the opportunity to work for the College of Nursing as Graduate Research Assistants, Graduate Assistants, and Instructional Assistants. Hours and compensation may vary by type of position.
- Graduate Research Assistants support a faculty member with funded research. Opportunities may also permit collaboration on interdisciplinary research teams under the mentorship of internationally recognized faculty scholars.
- Graduate Assistants support faculty or administrative offices, with the nature of the work contingent upon needs.
- Instructional Assistants support the faculty instructor(s) in a graduate course for a minimum of 10 hours per week during the semester.
- Available to both full-time and part-time students.
Carol R. Collison-Alpha Xi Scholarship
Awarded to a graduate nursing student with preference given to a student in the community mental health and psychiatric nursing major and with work experience in psychiatric nursing prior to graduate study
Cockcroft Fellowship Leadership Development Program
A program to prepare nurses for leadership in the 21st century.
Leadership Fellowship Applicants must:
- be enrolled in a graduate program within the College of Nursing
- have completed at least 15 graduate hours
- have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- demonstrate characteristics of an emerging nurse leader as evidenced by acceptance into the Amy V. Cockcroft Leadership Program
Future of Nursing Scholars
Provide financial support, mentoring and leadership development to nurses who commit to earn their PhDs in three years. The College of Nursing will select two students to receive this prestigious scholarship. More information here.
Gaston County Home Health Agency Scholarship Fund
Awarded to a student in or entering an M.S.N. or a doctoral program who is in good standing
George H. Deiter and Molly E. Royem Fellowship
Awarded to a graduate student enrolled in the psychiatric community mental health nursing major or in another graduate major if no one from the psych major applies or is eligible. Preference shall be given to a student doing research on alcohol and substance abuse
Judith and Alan Alexander Endowment Fellowship Fund
Awarded to any worthy graduate student
Loomis-Wood Doctoral Fellowship
Awarded to a worthy doctoral student in nursing science
Mackey-Wanska Finnish Family Women's Health Endowed Fellowship Fund
To provide support for a graduate student enrolled in the College of Nursing whose research or practice is dedicated to women's health
Martha M. Bradley Nursing Scholarship Fund
For a worthy graduate student
Myrtle Irene Brown Fellowship
Awarded to nurses pursuing advanced degrees in nursing, preferably doctoral study
Opal F. Brown Bicentennial Fellowship Fund
This scholarship will be awarded to a talented, full-time graduate student to be named the Opal F. Brown Scholar