Viana McCown Lectureship
October 21, 9am-2:30pm
Virtual attendance available
3.5 CE Hours
Register for the event
- Susan B. Hassmiller, RN PhD, FAAN
- Senior Advisor of Nursing for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and Director of the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action. Dr. Hassmiller will share with us the Future of Nursing Campaign for Action 2020-2030 report and highlight the most significant achievements from the past 10 years as it relates to nursing education, practice, and diversity.
- April Kapu, DNP, APRN, ACNP-BC, FAANP, FCCM, FAAN.
- President of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. Her topic will include key components of “What is Full Practice Authority?” as well as highlight accomplishments of APRN policy advancements for South Carolina as well as the nation.
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 am - 9:05 am
Joy P. Deupree, PhD, APRN, WHNP-BC, FAAN
- 9:05 am - 9:15 am
Dean Jeannette O. Andrews, PhD, RN, FAAN
- 9:15 am - 10:00 am
Versie J. Bellamy, DNP, MSN
Patti Hart, DNP, RN, CPN, NE-BC
Patricia "Pidge" Lohr, DNP RN CENP
Billy Wiggins, MSN, RN, CM
Jeanne U. Cavanaugh, MN, RN, NEA-BC, Moderator
- 10:00 am - 10:30 am
Coffee Break & Networking
- 10:30 am -11:30am (virtual)
"The Future of Nursing: A Decade of Accomplishments and
A Vision for Tomorrow"
Susan B. Hassmiller, PhD, RN, FAAN
- 11:30 am -12:15 pm
- 12:15 pm - 12:30 pm
College of Nursing Updates & Alumni Awards Ceremony
- 12:30 pm - 12:45 pm
Center for Nursing Leadership Report
- 12:45 pm - 1:00 pm
APRN Policy Updates
Stephanie Burgess, PhD, APRN, BC, FAANP
- 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm
“What is Full Practice Authority?”
April Kapu, DNP, APRN, ACNP-BC, FAANP, FCCM, FAAN
- 2:15 pm -2:30 pm
- 2:30 pm
Annual Leadership Summit
Theme: Meeting the Healthcare Challenges of Today with Exceptional Leadership
March 25, 2022, 9am-2pm
The Center for Nursing Leadership's Annual Leadership Summit is held annually, and features state and national speakers discussing current and emerging issues in leadership, nursing, and healthcare. The Summit is a full day conference and includes a graduation and awards ceremony and leadership presentations by the Graduating class of the Amy V. Cockcroft Leadership Fellowship.
The Annual Summit is a full day conference for all nurses: CNOs, Nurse Managers, Deans and Directors, Staff Nurses, Health Educators, Students, and Aspiring Leaders. The Summit includes networking time with colleagues.
Continuing Education: Contact hours awarded
The Center for Nursing Leadership is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the South Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.