Skip to Content

Coronavirus: Get complete details about the university's response to COVID-19.

College of Nursing

Change of Major


After the student has been admitted to an MSN, or CGS program, the program or major may be changed. Both the existing Program Director and the Program Director from the “new” program must approve this transfer. Some graduate programs require essays and/or interviews; this is up to the discretion of the “new” program. Requests will be evaluated on a space available basis and may require a delay in the program of study.

If both Program Directors approve the transfer, the Update Request Form (URF) must be submitted to the Graduate School. Along with Update Request Form, current students will submit new recommendations and updated goal statement for the new program requested. Students who missed a semester will also need to submit an updated nursing license and update CastleBranch information. There may be additional program specific requirements. (Alert: submission of this form puts a hold on registration and suspends the existing program of study.)

Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.