To operate our Zoom enabled conference rooms, you need to know a few bits of information before you are able to utilize the technology. Please note the following:
- The remote participant(s) who are attending the meeting will need the Zoom plugin or application installed on their computer/device as well as a microphone, speakers and webcam (for video).
- The remote participant(s) will also need the corresponding Zoom sharing link to enter the Zoom conference.
- Before your meeting time, please share with the remote participant(s) the Zoom sharing link that corresponds to the conference room.
Zoom Meeting links by room
When you are ready to start your zoom meeting in one of our tech enabled conference rooms, follow the instructions below.
Starting a Zoom Meeting
- Click the “Home” icon in the Zoom application.
If the Zoom application is not open, click the "Zoom Icon" on the desktop.
- Click the downward arrow beside the “New Meeting” button and verify that “Start with
Video” and “Use My Personal Meeting ID” are checked.
- Click the “New Meeting” button to start the meeting. The remote participants will click the link you sent to join.
- The meeting window will open with the default camera and microphone selected.
- To mute the microphone in the room or stop sharing video, click the “Mute” button
or the “Stop Video” button respectively.
- To record the meeting, click the “Record” button and choose to “Record on this Computer”
or “Record to the Cloud”.
- To stop recording, click the “Pause/Stop Recording” button(s) or “End Meeting”.
Once the recording has been stopped, the recording must be processed before viewing. If you selected “Record to the Cloud”, notify the TRC (firstname.lastname@example.org) that the meeting was recorded, including the date, time and room and we will share the link, once processed.
- To share your screen contents click the “Share” button.
- To end the meeting click “End Meeting”.