Find out more about utilizing the UofSC Wireless and Wired networks by visiting the Division of Information Technology website.
Connecting to WiFi (uscfacstaff, uscstudent)
- Verify that your UofSC login information is correct.
- If you do not have a USC account. Use the uscguest WiFi network.
- Select either uscstudent or uscfacstaff on your device. Here are instructions for most common devices.
Resolving WiFi Connectivity Issues (uscfacstaff, uscstudent)
If you are experiencing issues connecting to the USC Network and have previously connected to the WiFi, we recommend removing your saved network by following these instructions.
- Right Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen.
- Click Open Network & Internet settings.
- Click Wi-Fi. Make sure both switches at the bottom of the page are set to Off. Then,
Click Manage known networks.
- Under Manage known networks, Click the network you want to delete (uscfacstaff / uscstudent
/ uscguest). Then Click Forget.
The network should disappear from the list.
- Return to the Network icon and Click it.
- Select your network (uscfacstaff / uscstudent).
- You may be prompted for your Username and Password. Your Username is everything before
the @ in your email address. Your Password should be your login / email password.
Refer to the top of the guide to make sure your login authenticates or this process
will fail every time. After you enter your credentials, Click Connect.
- You should successfully connect, if not, please contact the UofSC Main IT Helpdesk
- If you are still having connectivity issues after successfully connecting to a network,
make sure you do not have any extensions installed on your browser that you did not
- To remove unwanted extensions in Google Chrome follow these steps.
- Go to the 3 dots at the top right of Chrome and click
- A menu appears, go to More Tools ->
- Another menu appears, select Extensions
- Now you will see all installed extensions, if there are any that you have not installed, click Remove