Students who meet the admission requirements for the College of Pharmacy’s rigorous Pharm.D. program are eligible to apply for admission. Admission is competitive and based on established standards. Applications will be reviewed by the school’s Admissions Committee on a rolling basis; therefore, we encourage you to apply early during the admissions cycle. Students will be invited to interview at the discretion of the Admission Committee.
Required Application Steps for the Pharm.D. Program
- review our Admissions Cycle Instructions
- complete the PharmCAS Application
- complete the Supplemental Application
- submit additional materials to PharmCAS
- take the PCAT exam
- complete an onsite interview (if invited)
- fulfill additional requirements (international applicants only)
- Applications for Fall 2019 will be available July 2018
(opens July 2018)
The PharmCAS Application is an electronic application that is submitted through the Pharmacy College Application Service. As part of the application, you’ll be required to submit three electronic evaluations (letters of recommendation) and official transcripts from all institutions you have attended. This checklist can help you gather the right materials as you prepare your application. Our admissions cycle instructions also offer additional guidance.
The application fee is submitted directly to PharmCAS when you complete your application. PharmCAS will not process an application until the application is complete, the application fee is paid, and all official transcripts are received. Apply early; processing can take up to five weeks once all required materials are received by PharmCAS.
(opens July 2018)
You must also complete the Supplemental Application, which is submitted directly to the College of Pharmacy.
- Click on "First time user account creation"
- Under Campus, select "USC Columbia"
- For Application Type, select "College of Pharmacy"
- Complete and submit application
The Supplemental Application fee is $65 (U.S. dollars). The fee is nonrefundable and
payable by electronic check or credit card (Visa or MasterCard) only. To learn more
about completing the Supplemental Application, review our admissions cycle instructions.
Additional PharmCAS Materials
In addition to completing your PharmCAS Application through the PharmCAS system, you be will required to submit the following materials to PharmCAS in order for your application to the College of Pharmacy to be considered complete:
- 3 electronic evaluations (letters of recommendation)
- official PCAT scores
- official transcripts from all institutions attended
If you have any questions or concerns throughout the application process, please contact Admissions Coordinator Nikki Mellen by calling 803-777-0589 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.