Schedule for July 31 – August 6
- No appointment needed for saliva testing at 1311 Pendleton St. or Russell House Underground.
- Be sure to bring your Carolina Card to get tested. We also encourage you to bring your cell phone to record your test barcode.
- Please do not eat, drink, chew gum, or use tobacco products within 30 minutes prior to saliva testing and do not drink water 10 minutes prior to the saliva test.
Monday – Thursday
- 8 a.m.–4 p.m. faculty and staff only saliva testing, 1311 Pendleton St. Testers may park adjacent to the building (spaces 1-20).
- 9 a.m.–4 p.m. student, faculty and staff saliva testing, Russell House Underground
- 8 a.m.–12 p.m. faculty and staff only saliva testing, 1311 Pendleton St. Testers may park adjacent to the building (spaces 1-20).
- 9 a.m.–12 p.m. student, faculty and staff saliva testing, Russell House Underground
- No scheduled testing
The Diagnostic Genomics Laboratory is a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)-certified facility that has applied for Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Emergency Use Authorization for the SalivirDetect Test.
The DGL is housed in more than 3,000 square feet of lab and office space that was extensively renovated and provided to the College of Pharmacy by university leadership. In addition to Laboratory Director Carolyn Banister, there are two supervisors, four full-time staff, four part-time staff, and four undergraduate assistants. The lab operates 5-7 days per week, as needed.
The COVID-19 Saliva-Based Testing Program was established to provide SARS-CoV-2 testing for the entire UofSC community, with results reported to the participant and South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) within 24 hours of sample collection. Samples are collected by teams staffed through the College of Pharmacy at strategic locations throughout campus. In addition, “GoTeams” are deployed when needed for specific events or instances where a suspected breakout might be occurring, such as a particular dormitory.
HIPAA Covered Entity
You can review the Diagnostic Genomics Laboratory Notice of Privacy Practices.