Schedule for November 29 – December 3Please check the schedule regularly as locations or times may change.
Monday, Nov. 29–Friday, Dec. 3
- 9 a.m.–4 p.m. all student, faculty and staff saliva testing, Carolina Coliseum, 701 Assembly St.
- 9 a.m.–4 p.m. all student, faculty and staff saliva testing, Russell House Basement
- 7:30 a.m.–4 p.m. faculty, staff and GA only saliva testing, 1311 Pendleton St.
Before you come to a test site:
- No appointment needed at any of the saliva test sites.
- Do not eat, drink, smoke or vape, or chew gum or mints 30 minutes before testing.
- You may have clear water up until 10 minutes before testing. Hydrate well on your test day.
- Bring your Carolina Card.
- Acknowledge the updated consent on MyHealthSpace using the instructions below. This
will only have to be done once for Fall 2021.
- Log into MyHealthSpace.ushs.sc.edu
- Go to the menu on the left
- Click Medical Clearances
- Scroll to Additional Items Not Required for Clearance, click on COVID-19 Testing Consent & HIPAA Agreement, and click on green Update
- Scroll down to check Acknowledgement
- Click blue Submit Final
- Click on Proceed
The Diagnostic Genomics Laboratory is a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)-certified facility that has applied for Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Emergency Use Authorization for the SalivirDetect Test.
The DGL is housed in more than 3,000 square feet of lab and office space that was extensively renovated and provided to the College of Pharmacy by university leadership. In addition to Laboratory Director Carolyn Banister, there are two supervisors, four full-time staff, four part-time staff, and four undergraduate assistants. The lab operates 5-7 days per week, as needed.
The COVID-19 Saliva-Based Testing Program was established to provide SARS-CoV-2 testing for the entire UofSC community, with results reported to the participant and South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) within 24 hours of sample collection. Samples are collected by teams staffed through the College of Pharmacy at strategic locations throughout campus. In addition, “GoTeams” are deployed when needed for specific events or instances where a suspected breakout might be occurring, such as a particular dormitory.
HIPAA Covered Entity
You can review the Diagnostic Genomics Laboratory Notice of Privacy Practices.