Faculty and Staff
Caitlin Mardis, PharmD, BCPS
|Title:||Director of Continuing Education & Professional Development
Clinical Assistant Professor
|Department:|| Clinical Pharmacy & Outcomes Sciences
College of Pharmacy
Dr. Mardis is the Director of Continuing Education and Professional Development and a clinical assistant professor in the Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Outcomes Sciences. Dr. Mardis graduated from the Columbia campus of the South Carolina College of Pharmacy and completed a pharmacy practice and a solid organ transplantation residency at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston. Prior to returning to the University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy, Dr. Mardis practiced as a solid organ transplant clinical specialist at Virginia Commonwealth University and at the Medical University of South Carolina and served as the Assistant Director of Transplant Quality and Compliance at the Medical University of South Carolina.
- Solid organ transplantation - pharmacist impact, transitions of care, optimizing medication outcomes and safety, immunosuppressant regimens
- Continuing professional development - implementation, challenges, and sustainability
- Veasey TM, Fleming JN, Strout SE, Miller R, Pilch NA, Meadows HB, Mardis CR, Mardis BA, Shenvi S, McGillicuddy J, Chavin KD, Baliga P, Taber DJ. Morbid obesity and functional status as predictors of surgical complication after renal transplantation. American Journal of Surgery. 2017 Jun 8.
- Casale JP, Taber DJ, Staino C, Boyle K, Covert K, Pilch NA, Mardis CR, Meadows HB, Chavin KD, McGillicuddy JW, Baliga PK, Fleming JN. Effectiveness of an evidence-based induction therapy protocol revision in adult kidney transplant recipients. Pharmacotherapy. 2017 Jun;37(6):692-699.
- Covert KL, Mardis CR, Fleming JN, Pilch NW, Meadows HB, Mardis BA, Mohan P, Posadas Salas MA, Srinivas T, Taber D. Development of a predictive model for drug-related problems in kidney transplant recipients. Pharmacotherapy. 2017 Feb;37(2):159-169.
- Covert KL, Fleming JN, Staino C, Casale JP, Boyle KM, Pilch NA, Meadows HB, Mardis CR, McGillicuddy JW, Nadig S, Bratton CF, Chavin KD, Baliga PK, Taber DJ. Predicting and preventing readmissions in kidney transplant recipients. Clinical Transplantation. 2016 July;30(7):779-86.
- Sieg A, Mardis BA, Mardis CR, Huber MR, New JP, Meadows HB, Cook JL, Toole JM, Uber WE. Developing an anti-Xa-based anticoagulation protocol for patients with percutaneous ventricular assist devices. American Society of Artificial Internal Organs Journal. 2015 Sep-Oct;61(5):502-508.
- Musgrave CR, Pilch NA, Taber DJ, Meadows HB, McGillicuddy JW, Chavin KD, Baliga PK. Improving transplant patient safety through pharmacist discharge medication reconciliation. American Journal of Transplantation. 2013 Mar;13(3):796-801.
- Musgrave CR, Sutton SS, Miller AD, Bookstaver PB. Use of alternative pharmacologic treatment strategies in the prevention and treatment of Clostridium difficile infection. International Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2011 Jul; 15(7):e438-48.