General MPH applicants must apply through the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS). Please visit SOPHAS for further details. MD/MPH, PharmD/MPH, Preventive Medicine Residency/MPH, and Certificate of Graduate Study in Public Health prospective students will apply through the USC Graduate School.
Application requirements include:
- An advanced degree in a health profession and substantive post-baccalaureate experience in clinical or public health settings (MPH); acceptance to the University of South Carolina School of Medicine (MD/MPH); acceptance to the University South Carolina College of Pharmacy - students must have earned a bachelor's degree or at least 90 hours toward the PharmD degree (PharmD/MPH); acceptance to the Palmetto Health/University of South Carolina Preventive Medicine Residency Program (Preventive Medicine Residency/MPH); A four-year baccalaureate degree or its equivalent (Public Health Certificate)
- Official transcripts from all schools or colleges previously attended
- Grade point average of 3.00/4.00 or higher
- Satisfactory GRE, MCAT, or PCAT scores (MPH, MD/MPH, PharmD/MPH, and Preventive Medicine
Residency/MPH); test scores are not required (Public Health Certificate)
- General MPH: GRE Institution code - 0780 (U of South Carolina Sch Pub Hlth SOPHAS)
- MD/MPH, Preventive Medicine Residency/MPH, and PharmD/MPH: GRE Institution code - 5818 (U of South Carolina Columbia)
- At least three letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional sources
- Resume or CV
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives describing your academic and research interests, relevant work experiences, and academic/professional goals and objectives
For international applicants, a satisfactory score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – (minimum score of 80 internet-based, 230 computer-based, or 570 paper-based) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic Course Type 2 exam (minimum overall band score of 6.5). Non-US institution transcripts must be verified by World Education Services (WES) or equivalent evaluation service. Please submit a comprehensive course-by-course evaluation (WES ICAP).