Call for Abstracts
University of South Carolina Nutrition Consortium
2019 Nutrition Symposium
UofSC Nutrition Research Day: Share, Discover, Connect
When: Friday, March 22nd, 2019
Where: USC Alumni Center
Faculty, staff, students, and community members are invited to University of South Carolina’s Nutrition Consortium Annual Symposium, "UofSC Nutrition Research Day: Share, Discover, Connect".
Background & Purpose: The symposium seeks to encourage collaboration and generate and communicate knowledge across the spectrum of nutrition research.
Call for Abstracts: University faculty, staff, and students are invited to submit an abstract of 250 words maximum to present at the symposium. Abstracts are due by 5:00 p.m. on February 8th. We are looking to represent all the latest nutrition research being conducted at the University of South Carolina. This includes but is not limited to:
- Ensuring food security
- Understanding and influencing food choice for health promotion
- Assessing dietary patterns in development, health, and disease
- Promoting maternal, infant, and child nutrition
- Preventing childhood obesity
- Developing and using technology to measure and promote healthy dietary intake
- Evaluating optimal nutrition for healthy aging, peak performance, and chronic disease prevention
Format: Each 250 words maximum abstract should be formatted using the following headings:
- Objectives: State the objective the study was intended to address.
- Methods: Provide a clear, concise description of specific methods, including research design. Describe interventions, if used.
- Results: Report the most important findings, including results of analyses. Unless an abstract is focused on methods or protocols, all abstracts must include at least preliminary results.
- Conclusions: Summarize in 1 or 2 sentences the primary outcomes of the study, including their potential importance (avoid generalizations).
Process: Abstracts will be peer reviewed and selected abstracts will be programmed for oral or poster presentation. Student abstracts will be reviewed separately. Selected abstracts will be programmed for a student oral or poster presentation and eligible for student presentation awards. Abstracts presented within the last year from national and international meetings are welcome. As a submitting author, please certify that all co-authors agree to the submission of the abstract. You will be notified the week of March 4th if your submission has been accepted.
Abstracts are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 8th.