This move will mean that the COMD department and the clinic will be housed together
on campus for the first time in the COMD department’s history. It will also bring
all COMD faculty will have a space together within the department. The move will end
the annual rental fees and add approximately 6,000 square feet, which will make additional
- Offer substantially more space for students to learn, prepare for their clients, study
- Provide additional and different size clinical rooms to help meet specific clinical
- Provide a welcoming and professional waiting area for clients and their families,
including a designated space for child play.
- Provide faculty with additional research lab space. The majority of COMD faculty now
have one or more federal grants, yet currently do not have the lab space in which
to conduct and manage those grant projects.
- Provide a separate waiting area for research participants who come to COMD to be part
of a faculty research project.
- Provide dedicated rooms for research participant testing.
- Provide a centralized area for department administrative services (e.g., graduate
program director, department administrative personnel, department chair), providing
greater ease for students requiring those services.
- Provide a dedicated space for department/faculty meetings and distance education advising.