Instructions for First-Time Users
- You must first change your password through VIP
before you log into the University E-mail system for the
first time with your network username and password.
- Login to VIP
(Forget your PIN ? Students should contact the Registrar's
Office; Faculty/Staff should contact their department's
Human Resources representative)
- Select the "Technology" Link
- Select "Show Me Network Username"
- Your USC Network Username will be displayed and you
will be prompted to choose a password. You will be asked
to type it twice for verification. Your password must be
a “strong” password. Rules on legal passwords will be
- Click on the "SET PASSWORD" button to set your
password to the value you have specified.
PLEASE NOTE that setting your password through VIP will
change your password for all participating systems,
including access to many departmental networks and labs on
campus, as well as the Blackboard system.
- You must configure your browser to allow pop-ups from
webmail.sc.edu for Outlook Web Access to function properly.
For Internet Explorer 6.0, please follow these steps:
Open Internet Explorer.
- Select Internet Options from the Tools
- Select the Privacy tab and click on the
Settings button in the lower right-hand of the
- Enter webmail.sc.edu in the box under
Address of Web site to allow: and click on the
- Click on the Close button.
- Click OK.
- If you have forwarded your Gamecock E-mail messages
to a personal e-mail address, you must establish a forward
rule within Outlook Web Access to continue receiving your
University e-mail messages at that address.
(NOTE: Currently, Mozilla Firefox does not support a
RULE option. UTS staff are working on an alternative. A
quick fix until a solution is provided is to use Internet
Explorer to set this forwarding rule. We apologize for any
- Login to Outlook Web Access (
) with your network username.
- Select Rules on the menu in the lower left-hand
corner of the screen.
- Select New from the menu across the top of the
- Enter a name for your forward rule. This step is
- Under the heading Then, select the Forward it to
- Enter your personal e-mail address to which your
e-mail will be forwarded.
- If you do not want to retain a copy in your
University e-mail mailbox, uncheck the box labeled Keep
a copy in my Inbox. Note that messages in student
inboxes will be automatically deleted after 60 days. If
your mailbox grows beyond its size limit, you must
manually delete some messages to continue receiving your
- Click Save and Close to finish.
If you have any problems using these instructions,
please contact the University Technology Services Help
Desk at (803) 777-1800. You can also schedule an
appointment in the
at your convenience for additional support.