Instructions for Configuring Outlook 2007 Secure IMAP PRINTER FRIENDLY
For the following instructions, we will use a fictitious person with the following parameters. You, of course, will substitute your specific information.
Full Name: Ned Nash
NOTE: The Client machine must be fully updated Windows XP Sp2 or Vista and Outlook 2007.
- On a profile where Outlook has never been used, the startup wizard should initialize by default after selecting the Microsoft Outlook icon.
- Select Next.
- If the wizard does not initialize by default, browse to Start\Control Panel\Mail\Show Profiles then create a new profile tab. and create a new profile.
- Select manually configure server settings or additional server types and Next
- Select Internet Mail and Next.
- Enter the USER NAME for the profile being setup in the User Name filed.
- Enter the Email address for the account being configured.
- Select the select IMAP for the account type.
- Set the incoming mail server to imap.mail.sc.edu
- Set the outgoing mail server (SMTP) to asmtp.mail.sc.edu
- Uncheck remember password.
- Click More Settings.
- Under the Outgoing Server tab, select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Under the Advanced tab,
- Set Incoming server (IMAP) to 993 and the type of encrypted connection to SSL.
- Set the Outgoing server (SMTP) to 2525 and the type of encrypted connection to TLS.
- Select OK to close the Connection settings window.
- Click Next and Finish.