June Monthly Tips
Review tips, frequently asked questions and talking points to help your student be successful this month.
By Office of Parent & Family Programs, email@example.com, 8008686752
- Academic Success Throughout the Summer. If your student is taking summer courses encourage them to stay on top of their work in order to maintain their GPA. The Student Success Center provides tips on effective study skills and time management. It is a great resource for students!
- Advising. If your student has questions about courses, changing majors or academic planning, encourage them to speak with their academic advisor or the University Advising Center for more information.
- Family Weekend 2018. Get ready for an unforgettable Gamecock weekend: Oct. 5-7! Start planning your trip to UofSC before Family Weekend registration opens this summer.
- Horseshoe Bricks. Now is a great time to order a personalized brick on the historic Horseshoe for your student with My Carolina Alumni Association. The Horseshoe Brick program is a great way for rising seniors to leave their legacy at their alma matter.
- On-Campus Move-In. Incoming students will move into their residence halls Monday, Aug. 20. Students living on campus will receive more information about the move-in process throughout the summer from University Housing.
- Orientation. New Student Orientation will begin June 11 and continue until Aug. 1. Transfer Orientation will begin on June 13 and continue until July 27. Be sure to visit the Office of Parent & Family Programs table at the Resource Fair to learn more about our office!
- Parents Association. Join the dues-free Parents Association! You’ll receive monthly e-newsletters from the Office of Parent & Family Programs to keep you updated. It’s the best way for parents and families to stay connected to Carolina!
- Parking. Begin connecting with Parking Services if your student plans on bringing a car to campus next semester. They provide information and tips on using the shuttle system, purchasing parking permits and navigating campus lots.
- Reflect with Your Student. Engage in a discussion with your student about the past year at Carolina. Allowing your student to express interest about their experiences at college will help keep the lines of communication open throughout the summer and into the next school year.
- Student Mail Center. The Student Mail Center on the lower level of the Russell House will observe the following summer hours until Aug. 10: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Students wishing to send packages to campus prior to move-in can begin doing so Aug. 8.
Share this Story! Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about