July Monthly Tips
Review tips, frequently asked questions and talking points to help your student be successful this month.
By Office of Parent & Family Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-800-868-6752
- Carolina Alert. All students should sign up for Carolina Alert to receive emergency communication by text message and email. Your student can assign
your email and phone number to receive Carolina Alert messages as well! You can “follow”
Carolina Alert on Twitter and "like" Carolina Alert on Facebook for follow-up messages to emergency notifications sent by text message and email,
and for more routine safety information and updates. Additionally, UofSC provides
Rave Guardian, a free app that allows users to set safety timers, call UofSC Police on speed dial
and report suspicious activity.
- Family Calendar 2018-2019. The Family Calendar & Handbook is available to view and print on the Parents & Families Gateway. A hard copy can also be mailed to you, please contact the Office of Parent & Family Programs with your name and mailing address and one will be sent. All New Student Orientation
guests will receive a hard copy.
- Family Weekend! We hope you’ll join us Oct. 5-7 for Family Weekend 2018. Online Registration will open Monday, July 8 at 10 a.m. It's never too early to review the schedule and start making plans. Spend an unforgettable weekend with your Carolina family, and enjoy fellowship, football and so much more!
- Follow us on social media. Receive regular updates, reminders and student stories on the Parent & Family Programs
social media accounts on Facebook and Instagram.
- Parents Association. If you haven’t already, join the dues-free Parents Association! You’ll receive monthly e-newsletters from the Office of Parent & Family Programs to keep you updated. It’s the best way for parents and families to stay connected
- Parking. If your student plans to bring a car to campus next semester, Parking Services is available with information on parking prices as well as maps.
- Residency status changes. Has your student's residency status changed within the last year? Current students
may submit an S.C. Residency Certification Form on Self Service Carolina if they meet all of the criteria. For more information, contact the Office of S.C. Residency at 803-777-4060.
- Start packing! August will be here before you know it! Encourage your student to begin packing for
their move to Carolina so August is not overwhelming. Refer to the Housing Move-In Guide mailed out in July for advice on what and what not to bring on Move-in Day!
- Subscribe on YouTube! Dinner Dialogues: Family Edition is a monthly video resource available on the Office of Parent & Family Programs YouTube Channel. Past videos have explored the Leadership & Service Center and Counseling & Psychiatry
at UofSC, while future videos will focus on Fraternity & Sorority Life Recruitment
and the Student Success Center. Subscribe on YouTube to be notified when a new video goes live.
- Carolina Welcome. Move-In Day may be the main event but you can have loads of fun before and after your big move, too. UofSC Welcome is your resource for information on local and on-campus events, details about Move-In and Carolina Welcome and much more!
Share this Story! Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about