November Monthly Tips
By Office of Parent & Family Programs, email@example.com, 8008686752
- Parent & Family Programs App. The Office of Parent & Family Programs is available at the touch of a button! You can download the “University of South Carolina Parents” app in your smartphone’s app store. This will be your 24/7 resource for all things Parent & Family Programs at UofSC!
- Carolina Basketball. Basketball season is just beginning! Carolina students will receive an email about the student ticketing process for men’s and women’s basketball tickets. Basketball games are fun-filled, exciting events at Carolina and are a great way for your student to gain loyalty points for the fall 2019 football season!
- Carolina Clemson Blood Drive. Encourage your student to support the Gamecocks in the Carolina Clemson Blood Battle Nov. 12-16 at the Russell House.
- Daylight saving time. Daylight saving time ends Sunday, Nov. 4, and it will get darker earlier. Remind your student about staying safe on campus and encourage them to use the evening shuttles.
- Final exams. Students will start to prepare for final exams in the coming weeks. Encourage your student to prepare ahead of time, so they are ready when exams begin. Final exams will be held Dec. 10-17. Your student can visit the Student Success Center if they are struggling with a course or just need a little extra study help.
- Fall Commencement. Fall 2018 Commencement will take place Monday, Dec. 17 at 2:30 p.m. at Colonial Life Arena. Students who have been approved for commencement can reserve up to five guest tickets until Sunday, Nov. 11 at 11:59 p.m.
- Parents Association. If you haven’t already, join the dues-free Parents Association! You’ll receive monthly e-newsletters from the Office of Parent & Family Programs to keep you updated. It’s the best way for parents and families to stay connected to Carolina!
- Study abroad. If your student is interested in learning more about study abroad opportunities through UofSC, encourage them to visit the Study Abroad Office.
- Thanksgiving break on-campus housing closings. University of South Carolina residence halls will close Wednesday, Nov. 21 at 10 a.m. and re-open Friday, Nov. 23 at 8 p.m. The Greek Village will close Tuesday, Nov. 20 at 6 p.m. and re-open Sunday, Nov. 25 at noon.
- Family Weekend 2019. Save the Date for Family Weekend 2019 – Sept. 27-29. Registration will be available online in the summer. We look forward to hosting your family for another unforgettable Gamecock weekend.
Share this Story! Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about