December Monthly Tips
By Office of Parent & Family Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org, 8008686752
- Carolina Basketball. The Gamecock basketball season is in full swing. Direct your student to the Gamecock Student Rewards App to claim tickets to both men’s and women’s basketball games. Tickets are available
on a first-come, first-served basis with the option to purchase discounted guest tickets
for select games. Carolina basketball games are always fun and full of school spirit!
This is also a great way for your student to gain reward points for the fall 2019
- Counseling. Sometimes students feel overwhelmed during this stressful academic period. If your
student needs to talk with someone about how they are feeling, encourage them to make
an appointment with Counseling & Psychiatry.
- December Commencement. Commencement will be held Dec. 17 at 2:30 p.m. at Colonial Life Arena. A clear bag policy will be enforced. If you’re unable to attend, a livestream video will be available
through the University of South Carolina Facebook page.
- Fee Payment. Please be sure your student reviews their spring 2019 bill thoroughly and checks that
all charges are present and accurate. The online and in-person payment deadline is Jan. 9. The deadline for pre-payment by mail is Dec. 10. Payment plans for the spring semester are available through your student's Self-Service Carolina account.
- Final Exam Schedule. If your student is unsure when their exams are, encourage them to review their syllabus
and the complete final exam schedule. Suggesting a new place to study like the Petigru College group study rooms or the
Darla Moore School of Business Global Cafe can be a great way to support your student.
- Relieve Stress. As finals approach, students may become stressed. Students can relieve stress by
maintaining a healthy exercise routine. Campus Recreation offers a variety of ways for students to work out, stay in shape and relieve stress.
Additionally, encourage your student to stop by the Changing Carolina De-Stress Fest
on the Russell House patio Dec. 7, starting at 2:30 p.m., for resources to help combat
stress and practice self-care.
- Spring 2019. Talk with your student about their spring semester courses if they are returning in
the spring. If your student thinks they need to add or drop a course, change their
major or decide on an alternative career path, they should reach out to their academic advisor for assistance.
- Winter Break. University Housing residence halls close Dec. 18 at 10 a.m. and Greek Village closes Dec. 18 at noon. Have your student ask their resident mentor or building supervisor for more information on closing procedures for winter break. Students living off campus should refer to Off-Campus Living & Neighborhood Relations’ Tips for a Safe Holiday Season with ways to secure their home.
Share this Story! Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about