UofSC committee selects executive search firm
By Jeff Stensland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 803-777-3686
The University of South Carolina’s presidential search committee voted unanimously Friday (Dec. 7) to enlist Atlanta-based Parker Executive Search to help identify the successor to President Harris Pastides.
Parker Executive Search specializes in matching executive-level candidates with leading higher education institutions, corporations, health care entities and sports practices. Parker was one of seven national firms interviewed by the presidential search committee. The firm will be paid by the University Foundations for its work.
Pastides, USC’s 28th president, announced in October that he would retire this summer after serving as president for a decade.
The search committee’s next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 13.
Search committee members include:
- Hubert F. Mobley — Trustee, 6th Judicial Circuit, Search Committee Chair
- William C. Hubbard — Trustee, 5th Judicial Circuit
- Leah B. Moody — Trustee, 16th Judicial Circuit
- C. Dorn Smith III — Trustee, 3rd Judicial Circuit
- Eugene P. Warr Jr. — Trustee, 4th Judicial Circuit
- Marco Valtorta — USC Columbia Faculty Senate Chair, College of Engineering and Computing
- Julius Fridriksson — USC Columbia Faculty Representative, Arnold School of Public Health
- Araceli Hernandez-Laroche — System Faculty Representative, College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, USC Upstate
- Taylor Wright — USC Columbia Student Government President
- Robert F. Dozier Jr. — Trustee, USC Alumni Association President
- William C. “W.C.” Hammett Jr. — USC Foundations
Share this Story! Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about