The first step in earning Graduation with Leadership Distinction is to complete the
GLD Orientation through Blackboard.
Getting started with GLD:
- Watch orientation video at the right
- Take the quiz
- Set up your GLD record/application
- Make an appointment to talk with a GLD advisor to ensure you are on track and answer any questions you might have.
- Fill in experiences in your application the semester you have them (don’t wait until the year you are graduating—we will
verify your experiences as you complete them).
- Save papers, pictures, PowerPoints, and videos that you create as part of a class or in
your beyond the classroom experiences. You will need examples of your work for your
- Keep notes and reflections on your experiences—these notes will be helpful to you when you look back at all you have done in your