Protect your computer
- The university recommends and provides Symantec Endpoint Protection. Contact your local IT representative if the agent is not available to you via software distribution.
- If your university device is managed by SA with UTS, this is handled with BigFix. Make sure to apply updates for your operating system and applications within 30 days of release. Several tools are available to help:
Keep portable devices with you, locked up, and out of sight!
Protect your credentials
- If your university device is managed by SA with UTS, this is automated with Symantec DLP.
- FileVault (Mac) - Filevault helps prevent unauthorized access to documents and other important data stored on your startup disk
- Bitlocker (PC) - Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption is a new security feature that provides better data protection for your computer, by encrypting all data stored on the Windows operating system volume.
Awareness and Training
- Visit Securing the Human (login required) to view short awareness modules on important topics.
- Social Engineering
- Email and Messaging
- Physical Security
- many more!
Don't forget to bookmark the security Website!
Get to know your Security Liaison
- See if there are additional options or requirements for your area.
- Check the list of security liaisons (login required)