A listserv is a group email service than can contain thousands of recipients. A single list can be used by many people, reducing the need to maintain multiple private lists. A list can be configured to allow all members, a few members, or just the administrator to send an email to the entire list. Lists can be modified at any time. Faculty, departments, colleges and organizations can request a listserv account. Students or student organizations must have a faculty or staff co-sponsor to request a listserv account. Listservs are for educational, instructional, and administrative use only.
- Send email to groups
- Lists can contain thousands of recipients
- Lists are backed up
- Lists can be moderated
- Flexible setup for subscribers and moderators
- Students or student organizations must have a faculty co-sponsor to create a list.
- List owners must have a USC Network Username and password.
- List owners can log in to their list at http://listserv.sc.edu.