Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) is a core network service that enables a server to automatically assigns an IP address to a computer. Devices connecting to the campus wired and wireless network use DHCP.
- Enables computers and mobile devices to obtain their network configuration automatically upon connection to the university wireless and/or wired network
- Eases computer administration by dynamically providing network information
- Can be administered buy UTS or a local network administrator
- Device must be configured to use DHCP
- Contact the UTS Service Desk for assistance.
- No charge