The Office of Crime Awareness
This office, located in the Campus Police building at the corner of Senate and Bull streets, offers various programs which help educate members of the Carolina community about the importance of crime prevention. If you or your organization has a particular interest, contact the Office of Crime Awareness at 777-8400.
Campus Safety Tips
This safety guide is printed to remind all members of our campus to travel safely, to familiarize themselves with call box locations, identify well-lit areas at night, and use common walkways after dark.
- Plan your route in advance and tell someone where you are going and when to expect you.
- NEVER walk alone at night; walk in groups. Avoid isolated areas after dark.
- Park in a well-lit place if you will return to your car after dark. Approach your car with your keys ready. Look inside and around your car before getting in, then lock your door immediately.
- Remember, the legal drinking age is 21. If you are 21 or older and drink, do it responsibly. Do not drink and drive.
- Never leave your drink unattended or accept drinks from strangers.
- If approached by a robber, do not resist—especially if the robber is armed. Get a good description of the person.
- Program emergency telephone numbers in your cell phone on speed dial.
- Do not walk on railroad tracks, drive around crossing arms, or climb on or underneath trains.