Wednesday, January 22, 2014
5:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Capstone Campus Room
Are you looking to successfully prepare for your job search?
Do you have questions about what to do at teacher recruitment fairs?
Do you want advice from principals, human resources personnel, teachers, and
To effectively prepare for the upcoming job fairs,
and job searching in general, learn
from industry experts
during this exciting professional development event!
Prepare for your interactions with industry experts by reviewing the list of roundtable topics
and participants below.
Check back often
for additional information and updates.
Wednesday, January 22
will spend 15 minutes sharing information with students on a specific topic.
Students will move to a different table when the moderator announces that it is
time to rotate. **
Industry experts will share information on the following topics:
- Resumes & Cover Letters: What Administrators Look For
- Making the Most of Your Networking Opportunities
- Interviewing 101: Giving Great Answers + Tips for Using Your Portfolio
During an Interview
- Hi, My Name is ___: Successfully Developing Your Elevator Speech
- Be a Superstar: How to Standout at a Teacher Recruitment Fair
- Experiences of an Early Childhood Educator
- Experiences of a Secondary Educator
- Insights from a First
Year Teacher: 10 Things I Wish I Knew Before I
- Insights from a Secondary Educator: 10 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started
- Alternative Careers for Educators
- Navigating ADEPT
- The Arts in Education
This event begins at 5:00 p.m. and the first roundtable session will begin
promptly at 5:10 p.m. To ensure a smooth
check-in process, you should pre-register for this event.
to complete the student registration form.
A.C. Moore Elementary School
Busbee Creative Arts Academy, Lexington Two
C. A. Johnson High School, Richland One
District Five of Lexington and Richland Counties
Northside Middle School,
Spring Valley High School, Richland Two
W. J. Keenan High School,
USC Child Development Center
Check back often for updates as more speakers are confirmed! This
list will grow!
Welcome 5:00 - 5:10|
5:10 - 5:25
5:28 - 5:43
5:46 - 6:01
6:04 - 6:19
6:22 - 6:37
6:40 - 6:55
6:58 - 7:13