NOTE: All hyperlinks are in garnet text.
Employers attend Career Fest to recruit students and alumni for non-technical internship, co-op and full-time positions in the fields of business, arts & sciences, retail, etc. Click on the links above to review tip sheets and the listing of employers who will attend Career Fest Spring 2014. For more information about the services that are provided at the Career Center, visit www.sc.edu/career. Contact us should you have additional questions.
If you are in need of ADA accommodations such as but not limited to interpreters, captioning, or enlarged print, please contact Sandra Bray at email@example.com or 803-777-1988 for assistance.
To maximize your results at the job fair, you should:
- Have your resume reviewed by a Career Development Coach
- Visit the Career Center for a resume critique or advice on job search and interviewing skills; drop-in hours are Monday - Friday 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. in one of our two locations - H.W. Close (BA) Building, 6th floor or College of Engineering and Computing (CEC) Career Center (satellite office)
- Research the list of employers attending and the full-time and internship positions available on JobMate before the fair
- Develop your strategy and target organizations of interest
- Download Resume Writing Tips and Job Fair Tips with Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Wear business attire (no jeans, flip flops, caps, etc.)
- Visit the Ask an Expert station at the job fair located in the Exhibit Hall!
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center
1101 Lincoln Street
Columbia, SC 29201
11:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Shuttle service ends
Complimentary shuttle service will be provided with stops at Capstone (BA Building), the Russell House (corner of Greene/Sumter), Swearingen (corner of Main/Catawba), and the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center (corner of Lincoln/Senate.) The shuttle will take students to the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center and return them to campus. The shuttle will run continuously from 11:30am until 5:00pm.
There will be Career Center staff available at the Ask an Expert station at the job fair for any questions you may have. This station will be located in the front of the Exhibit Hall.
There will also be a complimentary LinkedIn photo booth
in the main lobby area!
* Prior to the job fair, students and alumni are encouraged to view the Job Fair Orientation video as well as the Job Fair Orientation transcript.