The Community Internship Program provides comprehensive training to ensure students are fully prepared for their internships, and recognized for their hard work. CIP requires participating students to complete six simple steps. Upon the completion of these steps students are officially recognized as a CIP Fellow for that academic year.
Get started now!
- Activate your account and obtain full-access in JobMate - JobMate is an online integrated job search resource center for USC students. To access JobMate
go to www.sc.edu/career and click on the student link under the JobMate icon.
- Attend CIP Orientation - Orientation covers details of the CIP process, eligibility requirements, program benefits and exploration of internship opportunities.
- Search and apply for CIP Positions on JobMate - Use the "Job Postings & Interviews tab" to search internship postings. Click "Job Search" and enter "CIP" into the keyword search.
- Get Hired! Report your internship on JobMate and complete the internship experience -
To Report Your Hire on JobMate: Log into your JobMate
account and click on "I want to Report an Intern/Co-op Hire" on the left hand
side. Select the term you are interning (i.e. Spring 2013 Internship), select
'Other' and enter the appropriate information.
- Complete the workshop: "Realities & Rewards: Being Prepared to Work" - This is an in-depth, interactive workshop for students who have secured an internship position, but have not started. This workshop focuses on what it takes to be your best in the work place, how to take advantage of available opportunities, and the application of transferable skills. Sign up for Realities & Rewards on JobMate.
- Attend the workshop "Thinking it Through" and the Experiential Education Recognition Luncheon - The workshop focuses on shared experiences, application of information leared, and steps for the future. The Experiential Education Recognition Luncheon is an opportunity for students to have fun and be recognized for their hard work. It is during the luncheon that students are officially recognized by the USC Career Center as a CIP Fellow.