Follow these steps to find a part-time
job using JobMate:
SET UP YOUR JOBMATE ACCOUNT
- Go to www.sc.edu/career and
click on the students link under the "JobMate" icon
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Click on "Click here to register!"
- Complete the registration screen and click "register"
FIND PART-TIME JOBS
- Creating your account will connect you to JobMate. On
subsequent visits, fill in your username and password to sign on.
- Point cursor on "Job Postings & Interviews" in the top menu bar and select
- In the "Position Type" box, click on "Part-time Jobs".
- For part-time jobs close to campus, type "Columbia" in the "City"
box and select "SC" in the "State" box
- Click on the gray "Search" button at the bottom of the
- Above "Search Results", click on "Save Search" so that you do not
have to repeat these steps the next time you search for part-time jobs.
- Type in a name for your search, e.g. "Columbia Part-time Jobs", in
the "Saved Search Name" box. Note the additional
prompts and respond accordingly.
- Click on "Save"
- Click on a job title and follow the application
instructions in the job description.
- On subsequent visits to the JobMate, follow Steps 1 and 2
above and then look for your saved search on the bottom left side of the page
in "Saved Searches".