The Graduate School and SACS Accreditation standards require that all graduate students who will be newly appointed Teaching or Instructional Assistants (GTAs/IAs) during the 2013-2014 academic year must participate in a two-part training program that includes: (1) TA/IA Orientation, and (2) GRAD 701, a semester-long course on teaching assistant development.
- Teaching and Instructional Assistant Orientation
TA Orientation Workshops
- New GTA/IAs must attend two TA Orientation Workshops A and B, offered every August and January, prior to their first semester of undergraduate instructional responsibilities.
- New GTA/IAs must make every effort to attend TA Orientation. For students with extreme circumstances preventing attendance at any of the TA Orientation dates. Please contact the TA Training Program Manager, Dr. Michelle L. Hardee: email@example.com or 803-777-1975.
TA Training Information Flyer, Spring 2014 (coming soon!)
TA Training FAQ
For questions concerning TA Orientation or GRAD 701, contact:
- Dr. Michelle L. Hardee, Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org,
For questions concerning International students and English testing requirements, contact:
TA Orientation Resources
TA Orientation Powerpoint presentations available in pdf format:
- Workshop A - "Policies, Places, and People"
- This Workshop includes the Disability Services flyer, and powerpoint presentations from Office of Academic Integrity, Counseling and Human Development Center, Office of Student Conduct, and USC Police Department.
- Workshop B - "Teaching Tips & Techniques"