Waste pickups occur on Wednesday, weather permitting. Pickup requests must be entered by noon on Tuesday to be picked up on the following day.
Hazardous waste is the responsibility of the generator of that waste. In order to have laboratory waste picked up, the following requirements must be met:
1. The outside of each container must be clean.
2. The container(s) must have a HW tag that is filled out completely.
3. The container(s) must be closed.
4. Each container must be entered into the database individually.
5. Waste containers must be kept in a secure location until they are removed by EHS. They may not be left in the hallway.
6. All liquid waste must have pH listed on tag. ( Must be checked with litmus paper)
EHS will not accept any hazardous waste containers that contain glass. Empty glass containers and broken glass should be disposed of in a broken glass box. Glass that is contaminated with P-listed waste chemicals must be triple rinsed prior to disposal in the glass container, and all rinsate must be disposed of as hazardous waste.
Containers that do not meet the above requirements will not be picked up.
Please contact WesleySeigler or the Environmental Health and Safety Office 803-777-5269 if you have any questions.