From the Athletics Department Proposed Budget 1998-99
University of South Carolina Athletics Department
Summary of Transfers and University Support
The Athletics Department is totally self-supporting, funding all direct and indirect expenses. In addition, the Department provides funds to the University for the General Fund. All athletic revenues, including Gamecock Club donations, are non-appropriated State funds and are deposited with the University.
The Athletics Department provides the University financial support for the following programs, via University transfers:
1. $ 350,000 Five year commitment to fund University scholarships.
2. $ 500,000 Annual payment for indirect cost recovery.
3. $ 45,000 Annual contribution to Student Affairs/Student Government.
4. $ 315,000 Bi-Annual contribution to the
University Scholarship Fund from $5.00
Clemson home football game ticket sales.
5. $ 145,000 Annual support to the University Band.
Additionally, the Athletics Department pays full out-of-state tuition amounting to approximately $700,000 annually.
Admission taxes generated by Athletic events total approximately $400,000 annually in revenue to the State of South Carolina.
This page updated 17 June 1998 by the Office of the Faculty Senate,
and copyright 1998, The Board of Trustees of the University of South Carolina.