Three recitations recorded by Fitzgerald in California, c. 1940:
(Download RealAudio Player from
- John Keats: “Ode to a Nightingale”
(8-bit / 2.3 MB) /
(RealAudio / 116K)
- John Masefield: “On Growing Old”
(8-bit / 1.3 MB) /
(RealAudio / 66K)
- William Shakespeare: Othello’s speech to the Venetian senators
(8-bit / 4 MB) /
(RealAudio / 198K)
The page of his writing reads:
- Fitzgerald in the Twenties. (mpeg format / 1 MB)
Everybody has been predicting a bad end for the flapperòbut I
don't think there is anything to worry about.
- Trailer for the silent-movie version of The Great Gatsby (Famous
No print of the first movie version of The Great Gatsby survives.
The only known footage is in the trailer.
This page updated December 4, 2003.
Copyright 2003, the Board of Trustees of the University of South Carolina.