- "We have created an environment in which academic discovery flourishes and is shared with a larger community interested in the prevention and treatment of this deadly disease."
- "USC Lancaster is a vital part of the community in and around Lancaster, providing educational opportunities and outreach. Our science faculty has been directly involved with the Lancaster County school district science fair, chemistry magic shows at local schools, academic presentations at Sun City, the Master Naturalist program and many other events."
- "Every day, tens of thousands of children die of preventable illnesses. Diseases do not have borders, so outbreaks can lead to crises for a country, an entire region or the world."
- "I come from a single-parent household and I am only the second in my family to go to college. I am the first to attend a professional degree program. Every accomplishment I make, my family makes, too."
- "USC Sumter is a gem in this community. Having this campus, with all its expanded offerings, provides a greater number of people — young and mature — the opportunity to realize their dream of receiving a university education while living and working in our community."
- "It's almost like the computer is an instrument now, complex enough to generate limitless opportunities for individualized or group self-expression. Our xMUSE studio gives Carolina students a chance to perform an infinite array of compositions where music, science and research converge with truly amazing results."
- "We're very concerned with the needs of the local community, with where the gaps are in their informational needs and how we can help improve water quality on the beaches and in estuaries."
- "The geology department was so dynamic and diverse, it just opened up my field of view exponentially and really broadened my perspective about what you could do in the sciences."
- "I am always delighted when one of my former students contacts me to tell me that they are 'doing good' in the world and they want to tell me how much I had a positive influence on their thinking and in their lives. I'm reminded that small ripples can eventually become big waves."
- "I came to USC specifically because I really like to interact with students, and that was stressed more here than at other places where I had offers. I've stayed here because the students are just phenomenal — they're smart, enthusiastic and excited about learning, and it's fun to teach them."