iTunesU @ USC is a free podcasting service offered to the University of South Carolina community through University Technology Services and Apple Computer Corporation.
UTS can help you with planning, recording, and publishing podcasts in both audio and video formats. We can also help you with the best methodologies for integrating technology into your courses. For more information, see our Help page.
Creating Content for iTunes U
There are a number of ways to create content for podcasts. Contact University Technology Services for help. See our Help page for more information.
Uploading Content and Editing Your Site
- When you first enter your iTunes U site you will see a Tools Area on the upper right hand side that allows you to edit the page, upload and manage content.
Uploading Content to iTunes U
- Click on Upload and Manage Files
- A webpage will open and you will see an Add New File link
- Click on the Add New File link and you will be prompted to browse for the file you want to upload.
- You can upload .mp3 and .m4a audio files, .mp4, m4v and .mov video files and .pdf files.
- Click the Browse button and find the file on your computer you want to upload.
- After the file is uploaded you will see it listed on the Upload and Manage Files page
- When you are finished uploading files click Done.
iTunes U site will come up, and you will see the file you just added.
- Anyone visiting your site can click on the Subscribe button to download the file and automatically download any future content added to the site.
Adding a Course Image to Your Site
You can add an image to your iTunes U site. The image should be 300 x 300 pixels and must have one of the following file extensions .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif.
- Click on the Edit Page link on your site page
- Then click on the upload button in the Course Image box
- You will be taken to the Upload Artwork web page
- Click on the Browse button, select the image you want to upload and click Open
- When the image has finished loading click Done
- You will be taken back to your iTunes U site and will see the image you uploaded
For more information about adding content click here
For more information about editing your page click here