Faculty and Staff Resources
Students can integrate their learning through e-portfolios.
Check out these examples:
USC Connect's two specific goals are for all students to:
- participate in purposeful beyond the classroom experiences AND
- deepen and apply their learning by making connections between within- and beyond-the-classroom experiences.
USC Connect builds on USC’s strengths, moving us beyond offering great opportunities for students to connecting experiences in meaningful ways.
Resources to create meaningful integrative learning experiences:
- Graduation with Leadership Distinction: Definitions, what faculty and staff can do, resources.
- Beyond-the-classroom experiences: Definitions, examples, and more on USC’s five pathways. Contact info for offices that support organizing or linking to beyond-the-classroom experiences.
- Integrative learning: Three steps to helping students integrate learning. Sample syllabi, in-class activities, user-friendly guide to help students reflect, and more.
- Assessing student learning: Planning and assessment guide, USC Connect learning outcomes and sample rubrics, link to assessment resources.
- Faculty grants: Annual integrative learning grant opportunity. Proposals due Spring 2014.
- History and development of USC Connect: USC Connect as USC’s Quality Enhancement Plan, Administration of USC Connect, USC Connect Council, Office of the Provost.
- Related Articles: USC and national documents and articles relevant to USC Connect and integrative learning.
Please contact us with any questions or comments:
Thomas Cooper Library, Suite L132
University of South Carolina
Columbia, SC 29208