USC Connect Forum
March 6, 2013
Photos from the Event
- Student panel: Brewer Eberly describes the value of e-portfolios in learning to tell your story.
- Davontae Singleton talks about the value of USC Connect and e-portfolios throughout one’s college career.
- Chloe Lilliard describes how she is making connections between her courses and future goals.
- Charlotte Wertz gives an example of learning to reflect in more in-depth ways.
- Davis Moore discusses e-portfolios as a tool to integrate within and beyond the classroom experiences.
- Jordan Goff talks about her e-portfolio experience in UNIV 101.
- Faculty member Sara Corwin talks about helping students learn to reflect.
- Vice President Dennis Pruitt asks students to talk about their growth in becoming lifelong learners.
- Vice Provost Helen Doerpinghaus suggests a contest to rename e-portfolios.
- Executive Director Irma Van Scoy provides an update on USC Connect.
Highlights from the Event
Highlights from the event are at the following time intervals in the video:
|0:00||Helen Doerpinghaus, Vice Provost and Dean of Undergraduate Studies|
|2:15||Michael Amirdis, Provost|
|5:20|| Irma Van Scoy, Executive Director, USC Connect
Update on USC Connect
|Student presentations and comments|
|17:17||Jordan Goff, Early Childhood Education, on learning by creating an e-portfolio in U101|
|22:00||Chloe Lilliard, Public Health, tailoring the e-portfolio to career interests|
|27:45||Davis Moore, Senior, Public Health, integrating course work-beyond the classroom experiences through portfolios|
|33:35||Charlotte Wertz, Senior, Public Health, the importance of reflection|
|39:28||Brewer Eberly, Senior, Biology, value of e-portfolios in learning to tell your story|
|41:18||Davontae Singleton, Sophomore, English, value of USC Connect and e-portfolios during college career and beyond|
|46:17||Questions and Answers|
|46:53||Helen Doerpinghaus: Davis, can you talk more about the graphic images for your e-portfolio?
Student Response: Davis Moore
|49:01||Helen Doerpinghaus: How do we teach reflection?
|55:15||Dennis Pruitt (Vice President, Student Affairs): Are you more skilled in doing self-reflection and deeper thinking as a lifelong learner [through your work in reflection and e-portfolios]?
Student Response: Chloe Lilliard, Davontae Singleton, Brewer Eberly, Charlotte Wertz
|1:02:43||Kim McMahon (Director, Campus Life): What are your recommendations for us to help people find the value [of e-portfolios] outside of course requirements?
Student Response: Jordan Goff, Chloe Lilliard, Charlotte Wertz, Davontae Singleton, Brewer Eberly
|1:10:50||Irma Van Scoy: Comments on technology and invitation for students to comment
Student response: Chloe Lilliard, Jordon Goff
|1:14:26||Irma Van Scoy: E-portfolio sessions at Discovery Day|
|1:17:12||Dan Friedman (Director, U101) and recognition of students|
|1:18:28||Helen Doerpinghaus: Conclusions|
Please contact us with any questions or comments:
Thomas Cooper Library, Suite L132
University of South Carolina
Columbia, SC 29208