You can use an e-portfolio to:
- Keep a record of your experiences
- Save photos, course projects, papers, records of your participation
- Link to video clips of your experiences, presentations, performances
- Create connections between all you are learning in and outside the classroom!
- Share your experiences, skills, and goals with others (including potential employers)
Build your own e-portfolio!
- LOGIN to Blackboard in your usual way
- CLICK Content Collection Tab across top
- CLICK Portfolios on the left side of screen (this expands the menu below)
- CLICK My Portfolios
- CLICK Garnet button at the top Create Personal Portfolio
- SELECT a template for your area
- CLICK Save and Continue
Click on documents and links below for details and help.
- ABCs Portfolios — Quick step by step
- Portfolio Packet — Detailed step by step
- Portfolio Map — Overview of portfolio structure
- Gathering Artifacts — How to collect artifacts
- 01 Overview and Sample Portfolio
Start with this general overview of portfolios and what you can display.
- 02 Create Portfolio
Create your portfolio from a template (for a quicker start) or make it totally unique. You will choose settings including layout, fonts, colors, and more that you only have to select once but can edit/update when needed.
- 03 Add Artifacts
Create/gather, add, and organize your pictures, links, documents, and other “artifacts” in your portfolio.
- 04 Add Header and Footer
Add a personal header and footer to your portfolio.
- 05 Share Your Portfolio
Set up your portfolio to share with a class, organization, individual (inside or outside of the USC system) or make it public on the web.
- 06 Download Your Portfolio
Create a zip file of your portfolio for backup or to move it to another location.
FAQs - Tips and Troubleshooting
- How to add a picture
- How to add a video
- How to add a link
- Changing an Artifact in Your ePortfolio
- Setting the Size of Images in Artifacts
- Modifying the Order of Items on a Page
For Information on Help Sessions and Direct Support, email email@example.com or call 777-1800.
Please contact us with other questions or comments:
Thomas Cooper Library, Suite L132
University of South Carolina
Columbia, SC 29208