Instructions for First-Time Users PRINTER FRIENDLY
- You must first change your password through VIP
before you log into the University E-mail system for the
first time with your network username and password.
- Login to VIP
(Forget your PIN ? Students should contact the Registrar's Office; Faculty/Staff should contact their department's Human Resources representative)
- Select the "Technology" Link
- Select "Show Me Network Username"
- Your USC Network Username will be displayed and you will be prompted to choose a password. You will be asked to type it twice for verification. Your password must be a "strong" password. Rules on legal passwords will be displayed.
- Click on the "SET PASSWORD" button to set your password to the value you have specified.
PLEASE NOTE that setting your password through VIP will change your password for all participating systems, including access to many departmental networks and labs on campus, as well as the Blackboard system.
- Login to VIP
- You must configure your browser to allow pop-ups from
webmail.sc.edu for Outlook Web Access to function properly.
For Internet Explorer 6.0, please follow these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Select Internet Options from the Tools
- Select the Privacy tab and click on the
Settings button in the lower right-hand of the
- Enter webmail.sc.edu in the box under
Address of Web site to allow: and click on the
- Click on the Close button.
- Click OK.
- If you have forwarded your Gamecock E-mail messages
to a personal e-mail address, you must establish a forward
rule within Outlook Web Access to continue receiving your
University e-mail messages at that address.
(NOTE: Currently, Mozilla Firefox does not support a RULE option. UTS staff are working on an alternative. A quick fix until a solution is provided is to use Internet Explorer to set this forwarding rule. We apologize for any inconvenience.)
- Login to Outlook Web Access ( https://webmail.sc.edu ) with your network username.
- Select Rules on the menu in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- Select New from the menu across the top of the screen.
- Enter a name for your forward rule. This step is optional.
- Under the heading Then, select the Forward it to button.
- Enter your personal e-mail address to which your e-mail will be forwarded.
- If you do not want to retain a copy in your University e-mail mailbox, uncheck the box labeled Keep a copy in my Inbox. Note that messages in student inboxes will be automatically deleted after 60 days. If your mailbox grows beyond its size limit, you must manually delete some messages to continue receiving your forwarded mail.
- Click Save and Close to finish.
If you have any problems using these instructions, please contact the University Technology Services Help Desk at (803) 777-1800. You can also schedule an appointment in the iCARE Center at your convenience for additional support.