How-To: Configure Leave Calendars with MS Outlook PRINTER FRIENDLY
Configuring the Leave Calendar
- Login to Outlook with the leave calendar account and the leave calendar profile.
- Select the Calendar in the Navigation Pane.
- Select Tools->Options .
- Select Calendar Options
- Select ‘Resource Scheduling.’
- Select the Options to automatically accept. Do not select Automatically decline conflicting meeting requests or Automatically decline recurring meeting requests. Then select ‘Set Permissions.’
- Configure the person responsible for the leave calendar to be the owner by selecting ‘Add’ and selecting that person’s name from the Address Book. Select ‘Owner’ for permission level. For example, Ned Nash is the owner for this leave calendar. You may configure multiple owners . Owners have full rights to the leave calendar.
- Then Add the appropriate department groups as authors so that the department members can book the leave calendar. Then select APPLY and then select OK for each dialog box until the calendar options are complete.