Instructions for Configuring Outlook 2007 RPC/HTTPS
For the following instructions, we will use a fictitious person with the following parameters. You, of course, will substitute your specific information.
Full Name: Ned Nash
Ned’s e-mail address is: email@example.com
Ned’s network username is: NEDN
NOTE: The Client machine must be fully updated Windows XP Sp2 and Outlook 2003 Sp2.
- On a profile where Outlook has never been used, the startup wizard should initialize by default after selecting the Microsoft Outlook icon.
- Select Next.
- If the wizard does not initialize by default, browse to Start\Control Panel\Mail\Show Profiles then create a new profile tab. and create a new profile.
- Select manually configure server settings or additional server types and Next
- Select Microsoft Exchange and Next.
- Enter CAE145EVSP01.ds.sc.edu in the Microsoft Exchange Server field.
- Enter the USER NAME for the profile being setup in the User Name filed.
- Uncheck “Use Cached Exchange Mode.” You may choose to enable the Cached Exchange mode later; however, it is recommended it be disabled for the initial installation.
- Select the More Settings tab (ignore and close any error pop-ups until the connections screen appears)
- Under the Connection tab, select Connect using my Local Area Network.
- Select Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP.
- Select the Exchange Proxy Settings tab.
- Enter web.mail.sc.edu in the https:// field.
- Select Connect using SSL only.
- Select to connect using HTTP first for both slow and fast networks.
- Select Basic Authentication for the proxy authentication setting.
- Select OK to close the Exchange Proxy Settings window.
- Select Apply to save the Connection settings
- Select OK to close the Connection settings window.
- Select Next for the Exchange Server Settings window then Finish to quit.
- You may be prompted to login using your domain credentials.
- Enter your user name domain\username “ds\username” and password to log in to Outlook.