Instructions for Configuring Outlook 2003 RPC/HTTPS
For the following instructions, we will use a fictitious
person. Please substitute your own personal information when you
configure Outlook on your computer. Also note that your Outlook
2003 application must be fully updated with Service Pack 2.
Full Name: Ned Nash
Nedís e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nedís network username is: NEDN
Nedís secure IMAP server at USC is: imap.mail.sc.edu and
uses port 993
Nedís authenticated and secure SMTP server at USC is:
asmtp.mail.sc.edu and uses port 2525
- On a profile where Outlook has never been used, the
startup wizard should initialize by default after selecting
the Microsoft Outlook icon.
- Select Next.
- If the wizard does not initialize by default, these
settings can be accessed by browsing to Start\Control
Panel\User Accounts\Mail then clicking the E-mail Accounts
- Select Yes and Next.
- Select Microsoft Exchange Server and Next.
- Enter CAE145EVSP01.ds.sc.edu in the Microsoft
Exchange Server field.
- Enter the USER NAME for the profile being setup
in the User Name filed.
- Uncheck ďUse Cached Exchange Mode.Ē You may
choose to enable the Cached Exchange mode later; however, it
is recommended it be disabled for the initial installation.
- Select the More Settings tab
- Under the Connection tab, select Connect using
my Local Area Network.
- Select Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP.
- Select the Exchange Proxy Settings tab.
- Enter web.mail.sc.edu in the https://
- Select Connect using SSL only.
- Select to connect using HTTP first for both
slow and fast networks.
- Select Basic Authentication for the proxy
- Select OK to close the Exchange Proxy Settings
- Select Apply to save the Connection
- Select OK to acknowledge that you must restart
outlook for these changes to take effect.
- Select OK to close the Connection settings
- Select Next for the Exchange Server Settings
window then OK to finish.
- You will now be prompted to login using your domain
- Enter your user name domain\username
ďds\usernameĒ and password to log in to Outlook.
If you have any problems using these instructions,
please contact the University Technology Services Help Desk at
(803) 777-1800. You can also schedule an appointment in the
iCARE Center at
your convenience for additional support.